Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Potty Training

Yes I have started potty training my little boy who is almost 18months old. People look at me weird and say rude comments about it. But my daughter was potty trained when she was 18months old and I know I can do it again.

I just wanted to pass along this potty training book. It gives you tons of great tips for getting started. She also talks about how much money you will save from not buying diapers. It is written by a mother who also taught preschool and helped potty train a lot of her students.

She isn't a doctor or phsycologist but a mother who has been there and accomplished it. The book is usually $17 dollars but she is running a sale right now for $7 dollars. And you can just download it onto your desktop. No waiting for it to come in the mail.

So good luck and I hope it helps!

http://thepottytrainer.com

3 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I know I will need it soon. Better get it ordered! Thanks for the tip. Is Bauer really that old??

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Very impressive...I want to see this 18 month potty training success!! That's great. It CAN happen. I don't doubt it. I will say though that even though a child may be mentally and emotionally ready for it at that time...they may not PHYSICALLY be ready. Their bladder muscles may not be strong enough to hold and release on demand. Been there, done that with my Taylin at age 18 months. She wanted it so badly- but had 8 accidents in the first hour. I tried again 2 months later and by that time she had the bladder control to succeed! GOOD LUCK! LET'S HEAR YOUR SUCCESS STORY!! No diapers is so great.

cheeriBABY said...

Well we have done it. Bauer is potty trained! He is in big boy undies during the day and is doing marvelous. He even takes his naps in his undies and wakes up dry! We still have been putting him in pull-ups for bedtime but he almost always wakes up dry. We will use up what we have left of the pull-ups and then we are done!!